[Kmymoney-devel] compiling kmymoney on windows

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 08:20:07 UTC 2014

> Thanks Cristian.
>
> I think I'll try just compiling kmymoney. Its the dependencies that keep
> failing.

Unfortunately without the dependencies you can't compile kmymoney.

> Are there any restrictions on forking the project? As my earlier email say I
> want to create an Australian small business version. That means a few minor
> variations...

None that I know of, although we would prefer any feature to be
properly integrated into kmymoney.

> Change wording to replace VAT with GST

That could be done in the Australian translations.

> set up splits automatically

I think that already works.

> Create a special GST report

This could be added to kmymoney .

> Create import scripts for Australian banks, they do not use OFX.

Could be done as a plugin.

> The ability to close off a financial period.

We had some discussions about this, don't know if it's make sense for
personal finances.

> Add import balances from a previous financial period (file)

Could be done as a plugin.

Regards,
Cristian