[Kmymoney-devel] Documentation update for new version

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 30 22:26:29 UTC 2014

After many delays, I have finally cleaned up my git repository, gotten
meinproc4 working correctly, and have started updating the manual from
all my email notes.  I don't know exactly when the string freeze kicks
in, but hopefully it will not be too early tomorrow.

I will check in everything I have done so far in a few hours, so anyone
who has time and interest can start looking.  If you have a particular
area you want to see updated, please let me know, as I'm sure I have a
much longer list than I can do in one more day.

One question - each docbook file has a date and version number,
referring specifically to that chapter or section.  In the past, I have
updated the date only when I made some change in that file, and the
version numbers have become rather inconsistent.  My intent now is to
change all of them to 4.7.01, so we can update the last part when the
file changes, and keep the first part aligned with the software
version.  Please let me know if anyone sees a problem with this.

Also, am I correct that 4.6 will be the minimum version of kdelibs that
can be used?  Knowing this may let me remove some entity definitions
from the docbook itself, if I know they will be in the library.