[Kmymoney-devel] GPG key expiration question

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Aug 31 15:45:20 UTC 2014

Jack,

thanks for the reminder. Very observant. In fact, the expiration date of the
key needs to be extended and the updated public key needs to be uploaded to
the keyservers / KMyMoney web-site (something I have to do) and downloaded and
stored in the user's keyring (something those users have to do who are using
the key). So no change of the software required.

Nevertheless, I just added a feature that will show an information message
once a day within 30 days before the key expires. This is performed when
KMyMoney is started or the settings are changed if

a) the useer has GPG encryption turned on and
b) the recover key is selected for encryption

Attached is a screenshot of the popup dialog during start of the application.
It shows 125 days as I took out the 30 day check to provoke (test) it.

Maybe, you can add a section about the key expiration and what needs to be
done on the user's side in the docs as well.  In case the user does not find
an updated key when the message shows he should ask for help on the KMyMoney
User List (kmymoney at kde.org).

In case you have question, I am here to answer them.

Regards

Thomas