[Kmymoney-devel] Documentation update for new version

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 08:07:42 UTC 2014

> After many delays, I have finally cleaned up my git repository, gotten
> meinproc4 working correctly, and have started updating the manual from all
> my email notes.  I don't know exactly when the string freeze kicks in, but
> hopefully it will not be too early tomorrow.

It was planned for tomorrow but we can postpone it another week (or
whatever is necessary) to give you time to finish your work. I set a
new string freeze target date to 07.09.2014 [1] let me know if more is
needed. Since we did not introduced a great amount of new strings in
4.7.0 a 3 week strings freeze should be enough.

> I will check in everything I have done so far in a few hours, so anyone who
> has time and interest can start looking.  If you have a particular area you
> want to see updated, please let me know, as I'm sure I have a much longer
> list than I can do in one more day.
>
> One question - each docbook file has a date and version number, referring
> specifically to that chapter or section.  In the past, I have updated the
> date only when I made some change in that file, and the version numbers have
> become rather inconsistent.  My intent now is to change all of them to
> 4.7.01, so we can update the last part when the file changes, and keep the
> first part aligned with the software version.  Please let me know if anyone
> sees a problem with this.
>
> Also, am I correct that 4.6 will be the minimum version of kdelibs that can
> be used?  Knowing this may let me remove some entity definitions from the
> docbook itself, if I know they will be in the library.

Yes, the minimum version is 4.6 so go ahead and cleanup the docbooks.

Regards,
Cristian

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney#Version_4.7.0