[Kmymoney-devel] csvimport crash on multiple import

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:43:42 UTC 2014

On 23/04/14 13:26, Chris wrote:
> Hi Allan
>
> Hmm looks like my attempt at ascii art failed
>
> Three seperate csv imports one after the other without quitting the
> import dialogue. The third file gets locked in a loop and eventually
> crashes
>
> Each import uses the same settings, with the skip setting checkbox
> marked, when I select the third file it never gets to the stage of
> asking for the bank account.
>
> The loop is as I have shown below
>
> initializePage() => m_dlg->m_pageLinesDate->validatePage() =>
> slotImportClicked() => wizard()->next() => validatePage() and then back
> to slotImportClicked()
>
> Always on the third file even when importing different files (same
> format though)
>
> I have attached a series of screen grabs which show various stages. I
> think the clue to whats going on is in the 9th image. The import is
> starting on a different wizard page than the first two.
>
> Look carefully at the images and you will see clicking the "select file"
> button occurs on a different wizard page each time. Remember I am not
> cancelling/closing the wizard in between imports.
>
> Capture10 is what you see before the crash occurs. because the wizard is
> looping it cannot redraw the screen and therefore is just a white box
>
> I have skipped capturing some steps. They should be fairly obvious.
>
> Chris

Hi Chris

Ah, I see you fell into my little trap!

Look at shot 7.  Having completed the first import, if you wish to
proceed, you should click Back, which is perhaps a bit misleading.  You
should not click Select File - I've not yet looked at that.  Clicking
Back at this point takes a short cut to the beginning without going via
the intermediate pages, and you can now select the next file and all
then follows on in sequence.

I think at the shot 7 stage, if you don't wish to do a further import,
you should get an option to bail out, not as it shows, select another file.

If I too do what you did, I get a segmentation fault.

Apologies for that.

Allan