[Kmymoney-devel] csvimport crash on multiple import

Chris DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au
Wed Apr 23 12:26:53 UTC 2014

Hi Allan

Hmm looks like my attempt at ascii art failed

Three seperate csv imports one after the other without quitting the import
dialogue. The third file gets locked in a loop and eventually crashes

Each import uses the same settings, with the skip setting checkbox marked,
when I select the third file it never gets to the stage of asking for the
bank account.

The loop is as I have shown below

initializePage() => m_dlg->m_pageLinesDate->validatePage() =>
slotImportClicked() => wizard()->next() => validatePage() and then back to
slotImportClicked()

Always on the third file even when importing different files (same format
though)

I have attached a series of screen grabs which show various stages. I think
the clue to whats going on is in the 9th image. The import is starting on a
different wizard page than the first two.

Look carefully at the images and you will see clicking the "select file"
button occurs on a different wizard page each time. Remember I am not
cancelling/closing the wizard in between imports.

Capture10 is what you see before the crash occurs. because the wizard is
looping it cannot redraw the screen and therefore is just a white box

I have skipped capturing some steps. They should be fairly obvious.

Chris