[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 11:11:55 UTC 2013

On 12/11/13 03:49, Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> because I am trying a lot to import data from a CSV file, I have
> realized that i'd be nice to have the possibility to map additional
> columns from the CSV file into additional fields in KMM.  For example,
> the current import wizard doesnt allow importing transaction categories.
>
> The only fields as of now are Number, Date, Payee/Decription, Memo,
> Amount, Debit/Credit...
>
> Categories could follow a hierarchical scheme such as for example for a car:
>
> Car
> ---->Gas
> ---->Maintenance
> ---->Driver's license
>
> Importing a transaction with the field "Car/Maintenance"  would import
> the transaction and assign it under the
>
> Car
> ----> Maintenance
>
> category..

I thought I'd replied to this request but it seems I didn't, so
apologies for that.

Do you see this as an on-going requirement, or just an initial setting
up need?  Where would the input file originate?  The reason I ask is
that initially I wrote the plugin to import from banks, which would have
no knowledge of KMM categories, so didn't foresee such a need.

If you still see such a requirement, it would be as well to create a
wish-list item on https://bugs.kde.org, so that it's not forgotten. At
the foot of the bug report, change the severity to Wishlist.