[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 03:49:13 UTC 2013

Hello,

because I am trying a lot to import data from a CSV file, I have realized
that i'd be nice to have the possibility to map additional columns from the
CSV file into additional fields in KMM.  For example, the current import
wizard doesnt allow importing transaction categories.

The only fields as of now are Number, Date, Payee/Decription, Memo, Amount,
Debit/Credit...

Categories could follow a hierarchical scheme such as for example for a car:

Car
---->Gas
---->Maintenance
---->Driver's license

Importing a transaction with the field "Car/Maintenance"  would import the
transaction and assign it under the

Car
----> Maintenance

category..