[Kmymoney-devel] KyMyMoney Category Problem

Mike Kelly kel008 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 22:07:54 UTC 2013

Hi KyMyMoney Development Team,

I've used your product now for 12 months and love it. I was using
Quicken but KyMyMoney is a better product as far as I am concerned. A
financial package was the only thing I was concerned about when moving
to Ubuntu Linux and KyMyMoney seems to tick all the boxes and has the
added advantage of being cross-platform.

However, I have one small problem that I can't seem to find a solution
to (see emails below). I have a category that I created initially and
then renamed it. I then decided I didn't need it and tried to delete it,
but couldn't, if I right click on it the delete option is greyed out
(same through top line menu options). So I have now marked it [DON'T
USE] - see below (to remind me not to use the category).

It has no sub-categories and no transactions against it (ie. it has a
zero dollars recorded against it).

Are you able to help me delete this item or point me to a reference to
assist me to get rid of it?

Thanks,
Mike