[Kmymoney-devel] KyMyMoney Category Problem

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 23:06:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 07:37:54 +0930
Mike Kelly <kel008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi KyMyMoney Development Team,
>
> I've used your product now for 12 months and love it. I was using
> Quicken but KyMyMoney is a better product as far as I am concerned. A
> financial package was the only thing I was concerned about when
> moving to Ubuntu Linux and KyMyMoney seems to tick all the boxes and
> has the added advantage of being cross-platform.
>
> However, I have one small problem that I can't seem to find a
> solution to (see emails below). I have a category that I created
> initially and then renamed it. I then decided I didn't need it and
> tried to delete it, but couldn't, if I right click on it the delete
> option is greyed out (same through top line menu options). So I have
> now marked it [DON'T USE] - see below (to remind me not to use the
> category).
>

> It has no sub-categories and no transactions against it (ie. it has a
> zero dollars recorded against it).
>
> Are you able to help me delete this item or point me to a reference
> to assist me to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

There might be a reference to it in a schedule or a report.  Or, try
Edit/Find transaction.

Alternatively, do saveas to xml format and search through that for the
category.  Hopefully, its name is unique, or you could rename again.
That may help you find it, but I don't recommend trying to edit that
file, unless you know what you're doing and are very careful.