[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney looses data; and error when using sqlite3 database

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Wed Jul 3 02:42:29 UTC 2013

On Monday, July 01, 2013 21:50:22 Software at quantentunnel.de wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use "KMyMoney Version 4.6.1, KDE 4.8.5" (copied from KMyMoney's About
> dialog), Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (precise) with gnome, Linux kernel
> 3.2.0-48-generic-pae. My KMyMoney data file is fairly big (213.7 kB) and
> contains 2993 transactions ("Buchungen") and 6361 split transactions
> ("Split-Buchungen").
>
> I encounter a problem, now several times over the last months: some data,
> typically some of the last entered (or reconciled) records get lost. They
> were clearly there when I reconciled (as I mark each reconciled line on the
> hardcopy received from the bank). And when I look next time, e.g., three
> reconciled entries are missing. It is not that I did not save the
> file (otherwise the records would still be there but unreconciled). This
> data loss seems to occur randomly; I see no possibility to trigger it at
> will. Is there a way to create a log file to see what happens?
>
> In the hope to better figure out what happens, I tried to save the file as
> sqlite3 database. Saving works fine; when I then close and re-open
> kmymoney, I get an error that I am asked to report to the developers
> ("Unbehandelter Fehler: Bitte melden Sie die Details an die Entwickler").
> The details (with user name disguised):
>
> Error in function const QMap MyMoneyStorageSql::fetchSchedules(const
> QStringList&, bool) const : reading Schedules Driver = QSQLITE, Host =
> localhost, User = XXXXXXX, Database =
> /home/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXX/Finanzen/KMyMoney_setup/Buchhaltung5_DB.db Driver
> Error: Database Error No -1: Text: Error type 0 Executed: SELECT id, name,
> type, typeString, occurence, occurenceMultiplier, occurenceString,
> paymentType, paymentTypeString, startDate, endDate, fixed, autoEnter,
> lastPayment, nextPaymentDue, weekendOption, weekendOptionString FROM
> kmmSchedules ORDER BY id;; Query error No -1: Keine Abfrage Zeile kann
> nicht abgeholt werden Error type 1 in Datei
> /build/buildd/kmymoney-4.6.1/kmymoney/mymoney/storage/mymoneystoragesql.cpp
> , Zeile 3362
> Any suggestions?
>
> Best
>
> Al_

The data loss is something I have not experienced, so I do not know how to
answer that one.

On the SQLITE error, there was a fix in 4.6.3 for that error. The release you
have of 4.6.1 is almost 2 years old, so my recommendation is to upgrade and
see if you still experience the issue(s).

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas
fvilas at iname.com