[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney looses data; and error when using sqlite3 database

Software at quantentunnel.de Software at quantentunnel.de
Mon Jul 1 19:50:22 UTC 2013

Hi

I use "KMyMoney Version 4.6.1, KDE 4.8.5" (copied from KMyMoney's About dialog), Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (precise) with gnome, Linux kernel 3.2.0-48-generic-pae. My KMyMoney data file is fairly big (213.7 kB) and contains 2993 transactions ("Buchungen") and 6361 split transactions ("Split-Buchungen").

I encounter a problem, now several times over the last months: some data, typically some of the last entered (or reconciled) records get lost. They were clearly there when I reconciled (as I mark each reconciled line on the hardcopy received from the bank). And when I look next time, e.g., three reconciled entries are missing. It is not that I did not save the file (otherwise the records would still be there but unreconciled). This data loss seems to occur randomly; I see no possibility to trigger it at will. Is there a way to create a log file to see what happens?

In the hope to better figure out what happens, I tried to save the file as sqlite3 database. Saving works fine; when I then close and re-open kmymoney, I get an error that I am asked to report to the developers ("Unbehandelter Fehler: Bitte melden Sie die Details an die Entwickler"). The details (with user name disguised):

Error in function const QMap MyMoneyStorageSql::fetchSchedules(const QStringList&, bool) const : reading Schedules Driver = QSQLITE, Host = localhost, User = XXXXXXX, Database = /home/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXX/Finanzen/KMyMoney_setup/Buchhaltung5_DB.db Driver Error: Database Error No -1: Text: Error type 0 Executed: SELECT id, name, type, typeString, occurence, occurenceMultiplier, occurenceString, paymentType, paymentTypeString, startDate, endDate, fixed, autoEnter, lastPayment, nextPaymentDue, weekendOption, weekendOptionString FROM kmmSchedules ORDER BY id;; Query error No -1: Keine Abfrage Zeile kann nicht abgeholt werden Error type 1 in Datei /build/buildd/kmymoney-4.6.1/kmymoney/mymoney/storage/mymoneystoragesql.cpp, Zeile 3362

Any suggestions?

Best

Al_