[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney ledger view tooltips

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:20:47 UTC 2013

While investigating the reason why it was not possible to edit multiple
investment transactions, I noticed that there was quite a number of
tooltips in the code that appeared to be non-functional.  For instance,
if one of the transactions involved a closed account, or if the chosen
transactions were not of the same type.  In those cases, and
others, editing was disabled, but no tooltip appeared on the
transactions to explain.

I was expecting the tooltip to appear this way, in the same way that a
missing category/account assignment is flagged.  So, I implemented a
fairly simple way to achieve that.  Then, I noticed that, having
deliberately selected two transactions that were not of the same type,
the Edit button was correctly disabled, but, provided one first clicked
in the body of the transactions view, a tooltip did appear, on the Edit
button, although with an invalid message indicating 'Duplicate the
current selected transactions'.

What I'm suggesting is to combine the two methods, one which gives a
more obvious hint, and the other, existing one, which might still have
a valid purpose.

Any thoughts, anyone?