[Kmymoney-devel] Online price updates for MEX investments

Ian Neal iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 17:59:08 UTC 2013

aga wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 03:56:09 +0100
> Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an OEIC fund which has the following detail:
>> SEDOL: 3003039, ISIN: GB0030030398, MEX: NUSMS2
>>
>> There does not seem to be an option in the setup of the investment to
>> select MEX, there is only things like AMEX, EUREX or FUND
>>
>> None of the listed online price engines seem to know NUSMS2 either.
>> Doing a search of the internet, moneyextra.com seems to understand
>> NUSMS2 though.
>>
>> Finance Express (TrustNet) seems to know GB0030030398 but the current
>> Online Quote configuration for them is broken.
>>
>> Yahoo Finance also know about GB0030030398 but they seem to round the
>> figures up so is not really of any use.
>>
>> Also charles-stanley-direct.co.uk understands GB0030030398
>>
>> Anyone had any luck configuring online price updates for OEIC funds?
>> or how to troubleshoot what is happening in the background?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Ian
> I've just tried Morningstar, and that seems to work -
>
> Fetching URL http://quote.morningstar.com/fund/chart.aspx?t=GB0030030398&region=GBR...
> Symbol found: F0GBR053MZ
> Price found: 87.73 (87.73)
> Date found: Mon Apr 8 2013
> Price for GB0030030398 updated (id E000012),
>
> as does -
>
> Fetching URL http://funds.ft.com/uk/Tearsheet/Summary?s=GB0030030398:GBP...
> Symbol found: GB0030030398:GBX">Historical prices
> View PDF
>
> 87.73
>
> 0.05 / 0.06%
>
> 73.76 - 90.26
>
> +0.75
> NAV in GBX
>
> NAV change
>
> 52-week range
>
> 3-yr sharpe ratio
>
> As of market close Apr 08 2013.
>
> Allan

That is very strange, as I do not have a morningstar entry at all and
the FT one starts:
http://funds.ft.com/funds/simpleSearch.do?searchArea=%&search=%1

which is still in current code - kmymoney/converter/webpricequote.cpp
Where did you get hold of these entries?

Do we need a better way of getting updated versions of these entries out
to people?

TIA,

Ian