[Kmymoney-devel] Online price updates for MEX investments

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 10:20:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 03:56:09 +0100
Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an OEIC fund which has the following detail:
> SEDOL: 3003039, ISIN: GB0030030398, MEX: NUSMS2
>
> There does not seem to be an option in the setup of the investment to
> select MEX, there is only things like AMEX, EUREX or FUND
>
> None of the listed online price engines seem to know NUSMS2 either.
> Doing a search of the internet, moneyextra.com seems to understand
> NUSMS2 though.
>
> Finance Express (TrustNet) seems to know GB0030030398 but the current
> Online Quote configuration for them is broken.
>
> Yahoo Finance also know about GB0030030398 but they seem to round the
> figures up so is not really of any use.
>
> Also charles-stanley-direct.co.uk understands GB0030030398
>
> Anyone had any luck configuring online price updates for OEIC funds?
> or how to troubleshoot what is happening in the background?
>
> TIA,
>
> Ian

I've just tried Morningstar, and that seems to work -

Fetching URL http://quote.morningstar.com/fund/chart.aspx?t=GB0030030398&region=GBR...
Symbol found: F0GBR053MZ
Price found: 87.73 (87.73)
Date found: Mon Apr 8 2013
Price for GB0030030398 updated (id E000012),

as does -

Fetching URL http://funds.ft.com/uk/Tearsheet/Summary?s=GB0030030398:GBP...
Symbol found: GB0030030398:GBX">Historical prices
View PDF

87.73

0.05 / 0.06%

73.76 - 90.26