[Kmymoney-devel] Online price updates for MEX investments

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 19:29:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 18:59:08 +0100
Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> aga wrote:
> > On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 03:56:09 +0100
> > Ian Neal <iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have an OEIC fund which has the following detail:
> >> SEDOL: 3003039, ISIN: GB0030030398, MEX: NUSMS2
> >>
> >> There does not seem to be an option in the setup of the investment
> >> to select MEX, there is only things like AMEX, EUREX or FUND
> >>
> >> None of the listed online price engines seem to know NUSMS2 either.
> >> Doing a search of the internet, moneyextra.com seems to understand
> >> NUSMS2 though.
> >>
> >> Finance Express (TrustNet) seems to know GB0030030398 but the
> >> current Online Quote configuration for them is broken.
> >>
> >> Yahoo Finance also know about GB0030030398 but they seem to round
> >> the figures up so is not really of any use.
> >>
> >> Also charles-stanley-direct.co.uk understands GB0030030398
> >>
> >> Anyone had any luck configuring online price updates for OEIC
> >> funds? or how to troubleshoot what is happening in the background?
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >>
> >> Ian
> > I've just tried Morningstar, and that seems to work -
> >
> > Fetching URL
> > http://quote.morningstar.com/fund/chart.aspx?t=GB0030030398&region=GBR...
> > Symbol found: F0GBR053MZ Price found: 87.73 (87.73)
> > Date found: Mon Apr 8 2013
> > Price for GB0030030398 updated (id E000012),
> >
> > as does -
> >
> > Fetching URL
> > http://funds.ft.com/uk/Tearsheet/Summary?s=GB0030030398:GBP...
> > Symbol found: GB0030030398:GBX">Historical prices View PDF
> >
> > 87.73
> >
> > 0.05 / 0.06%
> >
> > 73.76 - 90.26
> >
> > +0.75
> > NAV in GBX
> >
> > NAV change
> >
> > 52-week range
> >
> > 3-yr sharpe ratio
> >
> > As of market close Apr 08 2013.
> >
> > Allan
>
> That is very strange, as I do not have a morningstar entry at all and
> the FT one starts:
> http://funds.ft.com/funds/simpleSearch.do?searchArea=%&search=%1
>
> which is still in current code - kmymoney/converter/webpricequote.cpp
> Where did you get hold of these entries?

I used to use FT.com, but, as is the way with these things, the web-site
gets changed, and the script stops working.  I must have acquired the
morningstar entry from the list and have been using that for some while.

Earlier this week, another lister had a problem with ft, and David
Houlden posted a new version -
"
I can't remember if this is one of the KMyMoney provided sources for online
quotes or whether I got it from somewhere else but I have the following in
my settings. It worked ok when I just tried it."

So, I checked it and it worked so I updated my Kmm version, although
I'm still using morningstar.

> Do we need a better way of getting updated versions of these entries
> out to people?
>
> TIA,
>
> Ian

Yes, that's what I've been thinking recently.  New versions get posted,
but the KMM original stays as is.  Even if it gets updated, I'm not
sure if that would update the users rc file, and even if it did, there
could be quite a delay before that new version becomes public.

Perhaps we need a 'keeper of the urls', and possibly one per country,
or how does it get tested?