[Kmymoney-devel] Fuel Consumption Plugin

Florian Meier florian.meier at koalo.de
Wed Sep 19 13:55:38 UTC 2012

Hi,
i am planning to write a fuel consumption plugin.

At the moment, I note down my current odometer value at each fuel stop.
Furthermore, each fuel stop appears in KMyMoney as expense of a specific
category.

My idea is to combine this and write a plugin where you have the
possibility to enter some additional values for every expense of the
petrol category:

- odometer value
- amount of refueled gasoline
- if you have completely filled up your tank

 From this (and the amount of money spend) you can create statistics
about your fuel efficiency, driven distance, price of gasoline...

Do you have any further ideas, remarks, hints for writing a plugin...
before I start?

Greetings,
Florian