[Kmymoney-devel] CSV Plugin Documentation Update

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 15:48:21 UTC 2012

On 17/11/12 14:17, Jack Ostroff wrote:
> On 2012.11.17 08:58, Allan wrote:
>> Jack,
>> Just to refresh my memory, what is the best way for you, for me to
>> update the docs?  Might going via ReviewBoard be the best way to find
>> if others can follow the write-up?
>>
>> Allan
>
> I'm pretty flexible.  However, given the complexity of the underlying
> task (or at least the complexity of explaining it clearly) I'd prefer to
> do what we have done in the past, which is to start with a few passes of
> plain text between us by email, to settle on an overall flow of the
> section.  After that, I suppose reviewboard would be a good way to let
> others see it before one of us actually commits it to git.  I'm also
> happy for you to send me either a patch or a replacement file for me to
> commit.
>
> Jack

The point that I'm pondering at the moment is that the two different
versions are significantly different in appearance and operation.

Might it be an idea to leave the present one in place, and to have a
second version describing the newer plugin, marked with their KMM
version, particularly bearing in mind the time it takes for new releases
to emerge from the various distros?