[Kmymoney-devel] CSV Plugin Documentation Update

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Nov 17 16:04:57 UTC 2012

написане Sat, 17 Nov 2012 17:48:21 +0200, Allan <agander93 at gmail.com>:

> On 17/11/12 14:17, Jack Ostroff wrote:
>> On 2012.11.17 08:58, Allan wrote:
>>> Jack,
>>> Just to refresh my memory, what is the best way for you, for me to
>>> update the docs?  Might going via ReviewBoard be the best way to find
>>> if others can follow the write-up?
>>>
>>> Allan
>>
>> I'm pretty flexible.  However, given the complexity of the underlying
>> task (or at least the complexity of explaining it clearly) I'd prefer to
>> do what we have done in the past, which is to start with a few passes of
>> plain text between us by email, to settle on an overall flow of the
>> section.  After that, I suppose reviewboard would be a good way to let
>> others see it before one of us actually commits it to git.  I'm also
>> happy for you to send me either a patch or a replacement file for me to
>> commit.
>>
>> Jack
>
> The point that I'm pondering at the moment is that the two different
> versions are significantly different in appearance and operation.
>
> Might it be an idea to leave the present one in place, and to have a
> second version describing the newer plugin, marked with their KMM
> version, particularly bearing in mind the time it takes for new releases
> to emerge from the various distros?
>
> Allan

Hi,

KMyMoney has two versions of docs on docs.kde.org (stable and
development). So I guess that users (apart from they have the docs
installed with their version of KMymMoney) can use the stable and
development versions of online docs should they need them. It is also
possible to make PDF version for the old version and host it somewhere.

Just my two cents.

Best regards,
Yuri