[Kmymoney-devel] Adding tags: any testers?

Alessandro Russo axela74 at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 9 23:05:07 UTC 2012

Il 08/11/2012 22:11, Mikael Kujanpaa ha scritto:
> maanantai, 5. marraskuuta 2012 19:26:56 Alessandro Russo kirjoitti:
>> Hi,
>> my patch is complete (almost, but we decided to commit it and make some
>> other changes after that), can somebody test it?
> Hi, I took some time and tested it while inputting my transactions. Here are
> my notes:
>
> - After I edit the splits, the focus jumps directly into Memo-field, skipping
> the tags field. If split-window is not displayed, the tab order works as
> expected.
Fixed!

> - I didn't manage to get it crash anymore, so that seems to be okay now.
>
> - If I enter already existing tag twise, it filters the tag from the list,
> which is good. But one can still write the same tag name and it will be asked
> if tag (with the same name) should be created. I think this should not be
> possible, unless tags could be grouped in hierarchy (and even then same name
> shouldn't be possible in same group).
Fixed! If the user enter an already entered tag and press Tab the tag
field will be cleared.
The same happens if the user write the name of a closed tag.
Do you think that I should open a dialog telling the user what's happened?

> - Tag functionality seems to be missing from loan wizard. I tested editing the
> existing loan, but I guess same applies to new loans as well. Since this is
> probably big change, I think current patch should be committed before
> implementing this.
Yes, after the patch is committed I'll try to implement it.

> Have you decided should tags be simple lists or two dimensioned hierarchy? I
> bet list is far simpler to implement, and probably meets most users needs too.
> But two dimension hierarchy would allow more advanced reporting, since tags
> could be used as grouping option instead of simple filtering.
Maybe in the future, when I'll have some more time... :-)

Ciao,
  Alessandro