[Kmymoney-devel] Is it a bug in a stable version ?

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 23:07:02 UTC 2012

On 05/03/12 21:31, Herve CHOMIER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First, thank you for your answer, asking me to use this e-mail adress As
> i said before, i am a french guy, so my english is not so good as your.
>
> I am using Kmymoney since 15 months without main problems until to day
> (I work with a version proposed by ubuntu software center, a 4.5.3.2
> with Ubuntu 11.10 and gnome 3.2 but in classical appearance.
>
> Each sunday, i realise a copy of my current file. I store this file on a
> second partition of my hard disk (only for datas) and also on a second
> external hard disk.
>
> A few hours before this mail, i try to open and launch Kmymoney charging
> "4 Mars.kmy" file. The indication "4 Mars(modified) appears and freezes
> Kmymoney.
>
> So i shutdown my PC. After that, first several times i try to charge
> differents previous files (without success).
>
> I uninstall Kmymoney by the instruction "sudo apt-get remove --purge
> Kmymoney". I shutdown PC, and reinstall Kmymoney by "Ubuntu software
> center" (version 4.5.3.2)
>
> But there is something corrupted, cause i obtain the same result.
>
> I don't know what to do to solve the problem and i hope you will help me.
>
> Thank you for your response or idea about what to do
>
> H Chomier

While waiting in case someone else replies....

Firstly, your English is way better than my French, so no need for
apologies.

Next, so you've re-installed KMM without result, and you've tried
different data files, so they both appear innocent.  So, what's left?
There's the possibility of some corruption elsewhere on your system, or,
perhaps unlikely, the KMM config file - probably
~/.kde/share/config/kmymoneyrc.  Try renaming that file -don't delete
it, you may need it again.  Then try again.  This time, though, start it
from the command line, like 'kmymoney -n', which will start without a
data file.  Select your data file and see if you get any clues in the
console output.  Yoy may also get some information bar at the foot of
the KMM window.