[Kmymoney-devel] Is it a bug in a stable version ?

Herve CHOMIER chomier.herve at free.fr
Mon Mar 5 21:31:11 UTC 2012

Hello,

First, thank you for your answer, asking me to use this e-mail adress As
i said before, i am a french guy, so my english is not so good as your.

I am using Kmymoney since 15 months without main problems until to day
(I work with a version proposed by ubuntu software center, a 4.5.3.2
with Ubuntu 11.10 and gnome 3.2 but in classical appearance.

Each sunday, i realise a copy of my current file. I store this file on a
second partition of my hard disk (only for datas) and also on a second
external hard disk.

A few hours before this mail, i try to open and launch Kmymoney charging
"4 Mars.kmy" file. The indication "4 Mars(modified) appears and freezes
Kmymoney.

So i shutdown my PC. After that, first several times i try to charge
differents previous files (without success).

I uninstall Kmymoney by the instruction "sudo apt-get remove --purge
Kmymoney". I shutdown PC, and reinstall Kmymoney by "Ubuntu software
center" (version 4.5.3.2)

But there is something corrupted, cause i obtain the same result.

I don't know what to do to solve the problem and i hope you will help
me.

Thank you for your response or idea about what to do

H Chomier