[Kmymoney-devel] KMM 4.5.3

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Feb 14 06:16:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

on Monday 13 February 2012 21:35:44 Peter Zay wrote:

> Alvaro,
>
> I am now using KMM 4.6.1 on Xubuntu 11.10 (XFCE).
>
> The pie chart has not recovered its percentages.  I still cannot exclude
> sold stocks from any of my reports.

I cannot comment on this one and leave it to Alvaro to do so.

> When I port my gnupg encrypted file from 1.0.4 to 4.6.1, KMM complains of a
> bad passphrase.  So I command line decrypt the file and use that in KMM.
>  4.6.1 reads it.  When I save it, it is not encrypted but not legible
> either.  It is not xml code like the manual decrypt.

Is this the same machine as you run the 1.0.4 on or another box? Could it be,
that the GPG_AGENT is not running? The decryption works fine in 4.6.x (I use
it all the time) and problems so far were always found in the environment. You
can check the Encryption tab in the settings dialog if GPG encryption is
available for you.

In deed, if you save the XML file it is not encrypted but GZIPed. That is, why
you cannot read it. See http://kmymoney.org/kde4/online-
manual/details.formats.html for details.  To keep a readable file, name it
xxx.xml and not xxx.kmy. This will prevent KMyMoney from compressing during
the write operation.

> Are these behaviours "normal" for this release?  Is there a release where
> these features all work properly?

So far, things look as they work as designed, at least the part about the file
stuff.

Hope that helps to get started. If not, please let us know and we look
further.

90 percent of all errors are sitting
60 cm in front of the display.