[Kmymoney-devel] KMM 4.5.3

Peter Zay peterzay1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:35:44 UTC 2012

Alvaro,

I am now using KMM 4.6.1 on Xubuntu 11.10 (XFCE).

The pie chart has not recovered its percentages.  I still cannot exclude
sold stocks from any of my reports.

When I port my gnupg encrypted file from 1.0.4 to 4.6.1, KMM complains of a
bad passphrase.  So I command line decrypt the file and use that in KMM.
 4.6.1 reads it.  When I save it, it is not encrypted but not legible
either.  It is not xml code like the manual decrypt.

Are these behaviours "normal" for this release?  Is there a release where
these features all work properly?

Thanks.

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at kde.org>wrote:

> Hello Peter,
> please upgrade to 4.6.x. Some of the issues you experience have been
> solved.
>
> Also, moving from a KDE3 version to a KDE4 one was not our choice. By now,
> you couldn't use KMM in any modern distro if we hadn't done that. Some
> stuff may have gone wrong during the migration and we will solve it. I hope
> you'll bear with us in the process.
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro
>
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Peter Zay <peterzay1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am testing KMM 4.5.3 on Xubuntu 11.10 (XFCE) and find it very sluggish
>> in general.  Any idea why?
>>
>> Also, the pie chart has lost its percentages.  How is an investor
>> expected to determine his relative holdings?  This feature was present in
>> KMM 1.0.4. and is critical to all investors.  This is progress?
>>
>> I still cannot exclude sold stocks from any of my reports.  This should
>> be the default.  When will that be available?
>>
>> Is it possible to join your team and bring investment perspective to the
>> designers?  From my interactions so far, you are more programmers than
>> investors.
>>
>> --
>> Peter

Peter