[Kmymoney-devel] KMM 4.5.3

Peter Zay peterzay1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:14:58 UTC 2012

Thomas,

You are correct, the 4.6.1 box (Xubuntu 11.10) is different from the 1.0.4
box (Ubuntu 10.04).

You are also correct, I got the following message in terminal during the
manual decrypt: gpg-agent is not available in this session.

However, the encryption tab in settings clearly indicates that a gpg key is
available.  I took that to mean that decryption was not only available, but
would work.

I still get the message bad passphrase, this is reproducible.

Gnupg 1.4.11 package is installed.  Are additional packages required?
 Ubuntu handles dependencies reasonably well.

Please advise.

Thanks.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on Monday 13 February 2012 21:35:44 Peter Zay wrote:
>
> > Alvaro,
> >
> > I am now using KMM 4.6.1 on Xubuntu 11.10 (XFCE).
> >
> > The pie chart has not recovered its percentages.  I still cannot exclude
> > sold stocks from any of my reports.
>
> I cannot comment on this one and leave it to Alvaro to do so.
>
> > When I port my gnupg encrypted file from 1.0.4 to 4.6.1, KMM complains
> of a
> > bad passphrase.  So I command line decrypt the file and use that in KMM.
> >  4.6.1 reads it.  When I save it, it is not encrypted but not legible
> > either.  It is not xml code like the manual decrypt.
>
> Is this the same machine as you run the 1.0.4 on or another box? Could it
> be,
> that the GPG_AGENT is not running? The decryption works fine in 4.6.x (I
> use
> it all the time) and problems so far were always found in the environment.
> You
> can check the Encryption tab in the settings dialog if GPG encryption is
> available for you.
>
> In deed, if you save the XML file it is not encrypted but GZIPed. That is,
> why
> you cannot read it. See http://kmymoney.org/kde4/online-
> manual/details.formats.html for details.  To keep a readable file, name it
> xxx.xml and not xxx.kmy. This will prevent KMyMoney from compressing during
> the write operation.
>
> > Are these behaviours "normal" for this release?  Is there a release where
> > these features all work properly?
>
> So far, things look as they work as designed, at least the part about the
> file
> stuff.
>
> Hope that helps to get started. If not, please let us know and we look
> further.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas Baumgart
>
> GPG-FP: E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
> 90 percent of all errors are sitting
> 60 cm in front of the display.

Peter