[Kmymoney-devel] Hiding old securities

David Houlden djhoulden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:30:49 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 21 September 2011 22:08:29 aga wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:50:50 +0100
>
> David Houlden <djhoulden at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 September 2011 13:46:01 aga wrote:
> > > Over several years of chopping and changing, my securities list is
> > > looking very cluttered.
> > >
> > > Is there a way, please, to hide old securities.  I don't want to
> > > delete them, just in case!
> >
> > If they have a zero balance you can close them then select the
> > setting to not show closed accounts.
> >
> > Dave.
>
>  The associated investment accounts can have a zero balance and can be
>  closed and hidden, but the securities have no balance, just a list of
>  prices.  Even when the account is closed, the security lives on, or so
>  it seems to me.
>
> On the Investments/Securities tab, all the old securities still appear
> and can not be deleted.

Yes, sorry, I see what you mean now. I never look at the securities tab (I
don't find it useful for anything) but you are correct. I would have expected
entries to be hidden in there just like the equities tab and all the other
screens. Maybe raise a wishlist item or bug report. I'm not sure if there is a
reason for it to show all the old securities but I can't think of a good
reason.

Dave.