[Kmymoney-devel] Hiding old securities

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:17:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:30:49 +0100
David Houlden <djhoulden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 September 2011 22:08:29 aga wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:50:50 +0100
> >
> > David Houlden <djhoulden at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If they have a zero balance you can close them then select the
> > > setting to not show closed accounts.
> > >
> > > Dave.
> >
> >  The associated investment accounts can have a zero balance and can
> > be closed and hidden, but the securities have no balance, just a
> > list of prices.  Even when the account is closed, the security
> > lives on, or so it seems to me.
> >
> > On the Investments/Securities tab, all the old securities still
> > appear and can not be deleted.
> >
> Yes, sorry, I see what you mean now. I never look at the securities
> tab (I don't find it useful for anything) but you are correct. I
> would have expected entries to be hidden in there just like the
> equities tab and all the other screens. Maybe raise a wishlist item
> or bug report. I'm not sure if there is a reason for it to show all
> the old securities but I can't think of a good reason.
>
> Dave.

I don't use it as a matter of course, but I had to go through all my
securities to change the Url to Morningstar and was looking for the
easiest way to do it.  Apart from the Securities tab, though, the
Prices list still shows them, at least to the point where I stopped
updating them.

I'll do a wish-list thing.