[Kmymoney-devel] Hiding old securities

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:08:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:50:50 +0100
David Houlden <djhoulden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 September 2011 13:46:01 aga wrote:
> > Over several years of chopping and changing, my securities list is
> > looking very cluttered.
> >
> > Is there a way, please, to hide old securities.  I don't want to
> > delete them, just in case!
>
> If they have a zero balance you can close them then select the
> setting to not show closed accounts.
>
> Dave.

 The associated investment accounts can have a zero balance and can be
 closed and hidden, but the securities have no balance, just a list of
 prices.  Even when the account is closed, the security lives on, or so
 it seems to me.

On the Investments/Securities tab, all the old securities still appear
and can not be deleted.