[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.6.0 French user manual build fails

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 13 00:39:45 UTC 2011

On 2011.08.12 01:10, Cristian Oneț wrote:
> On Joi 11 Aug 2011 22:44:50 Jack wrote:
>> I just updated the createtarball script and ran it, and all
>> translations (es, fr, it, pt) except sv and uk still say they are
>> for version 4.5, instead of 4.6.  This seems odd, given that the
>> French translation was only recently completed.  If these need to be
>> updated, would it be reasonable for the French version of
>> index.docbook to include the "missing" entities, in the same way the
>> base index.docbook contains the entities for the authors that are
>> only in recent versions of kdelibs?  (This makes more sense to me
>> than including the entities for the French translators in the base
>> index.docbook.
>
> The entities could be added to the French 'index.docbook' but then on
> each generation of the French documentation from the translations it
> would have to be added again and this is an error prone approach.
I assume this is because the French index.docbook is autogenerated each
release and then goes through translation?  Isn't that one of the
reasons there is really no text in index.docbook, just stuff to
assemble the rest of the files into the right order?

> I have nothing against adding the entity in the English index.docbook
> because it's going to be needed anyway for a long time (until
> everyone upgrades to the ksgmltools2 version which contains the
> entity). And after all it's about making a contribution (a big one if
> you ask me) available to the end user.
Well, I just added the two sets of entities to the main index.docbook,
and I may have done something wrong, but the make still failed.  I have
not dug through all the cmake and Makefiles, but I suspect that only
the French index.docbook file is called, not the main one.  It looks
like the French translation team has to figure out what to do, or their
efforts will remain hidden for quite a while.

> Right now the minimum KDE version requirement is 4.3.5 and we would
> not like to increase that. So I'd vote for adding the entity to the
> source index.docbook. Just remember to do it in trunk and stable [1].
> [1]
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/extragear-kde4/office/kmymoney/
I agree we do not want to change minimum KDE version just for this.

> Also please notify the es, fr, it, pt teams that they can update the
> manual version since the next stable release will use the
> translations from the stable branch.
Who should do this?  Your message did not include the KDE i18n-doc
list.  Do we need to send something more to them?