[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.6.0 French user manual build fails

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 05:10:03 UTC 2011

On Joi 11 Aug 2011 22:44:50 Jack wrote:
> I just updated the createtarball script and ran it, and all
> translations (es, fr, it, pt) except sv and uk still say they are for
> version 4.5, instead of 4.6.  This seems odd, given that the French
> translation was only recently completed.  If these need to be updated,
> would it be reasonable for the French version of index.docbook to
> include the "missing" entities, in the same way the base index.docbook
> contains the entities for the authors that are only in recent versions
> of kdelibs?  (This makes more sense to me than including the entities
> for the French translators in the base index.docbook.

The entities could be added to the French 'index.docbook' but then on each
generation of the French documentation from the translations it would have to
be added again and this is an error prone approach.

I have nothing against adding the entity in the English index.docbook because
it's going to be needed anyway for a long time (until everyone upgrades to the
ksgmltools2 version which contains the entity). And after all it's about
making a contribution (a big one if you ask me) available to the end user.

Right now the minimum KDE version requirement is 4.3.5 and we would not like
to increase that. So I'd vote for adding the entity to the source
index.docbook. Just remember to do it in trunk and stable [1].

Also please notify the es, fr, it, pt teams that they can update the manual
version since the next stable release will use the translations from the
stable branch.

Cristian Oneț

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/extragear-kde4/office/kmymoney/