[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.6.0 French user manual build fails

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Aug 12 12:10:36 UTC 2011

написане Fri, 12 Aug 2011 05:44:50 +0300, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net>:

> On 2011.08.09 07:47, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
>> написане Tue, 09 Aug 2011 13:37:00 +0300, Cristian Oneț
>> <onet.cristian at gmail.com>:
>>> KMyMoney 4.6.0 has just been released but it seems that the French
>>> translation of the user manual is causing a build error (see bellow).
>>> From what I can see at [1] the translations have been recently updated
>>> but the docbook files at [2] where generated 4 weeks ago. Any Ideas
>>> what could be wrong with the translation and how can we fix this issue?
>>> Too bad that we did not build all the languages before the release.
>>> CC'ing the KMM developer list so they can follow this issue.
>>> [1]
>>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/fr/docmessages/extragear-office/
>>> [2]
>>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/fr/docs/extragear-office/kmymoney/
>>>
>> French team uses entities to make translation credits. The
>> user.entities for French was updated with the new entities 07-06-2011
>> [3]. If someone uses KDE version older than 07-06 documentation cannot
>> be build without replacing
>> /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/fr/user.entities with the
>> newer version from git.
>> Hope this helps.
>> [3]
>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs/repository/revisions/e0144852d5e99cdb21efbdfaf05393975fa1327c
>
> I just updated the createtarball script and ran it, and all translations
> (es, fr, it, pt) except sv and uk still say they are for version 4.5,
> instead of 4.6.  This seems odd, given that the French translation was
> only recently completed.  If these need to be updated, would it be
> reasonable for the French version of index.docbook to include the
> "missing" entities, in the same way the base index.docbook contains the
> entities for the authors that are only in recent versions of kdelibs?
> (This makes more sense to me than including the entities for the French
> translators in the base index.docbook.
>
> Jack

Hi!

The coordinators (or other responsible people) of above-mentioned teams
forgot to run

update_xml <lang_code> extragear-office kmymoney

after the last version-change update:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/office/doc/kmymoney/index.docbook?r1=1154535&r2=1242386

So there was no po->docbook regeneration for es, fr, it, pt and no version
update.

It is worth to mention that there was update after the string freeze for
documentation without any notice to kde-i18n-doc. The situation became
worse because scripty has been stopped for two weeks between KDE 4.6.5 and
KDE 4.7.0 releases.

The proposed solution is feasible but French Team should update their
docbooks with new entities in stable before KMyMoney 4.6.1 will be
released.

Regards,
Yuri

P.S. I am subscribed, there is no need to CC me. ;)