[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.6.0 French user manual build fails

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:33:17 UTC 2011

2011/8/12 Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net>:
> написане Fri, 12 Aug 2011 05:44:50 +0300, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net>:
>
>> On 2011.08.09 07:47, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
>>>
>>> написане Tue, 09 Aug 2011 13:37:00 +0300, Cristian Oneț

>>> French team uses entities to make translation credits. The user.entities
>>> for French was updated with the new entities 07-06-2011 [3]. If someone uses
>>> KDE version older than 07-06 documentation cannot be build without replacing
>>> /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/fr/user.entities with the newer
>>> version from git.
>>> Hope this helps.
>>> [3]
>>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs/repository/revisions/e0144852d5e99cdb21efbdfaf05393975fa1327c
>>
>> I just updated the createtarball script and ran it, and all translations
>> (es, fr, it, pt) except sv and uk still say they are for version 4.5,
>> instead of 4.6.  This seems odd, given that the French translation was only
>> recently completed.  If these need to be updated, would it be reasonable for
>> the French version of index.docbook to include the "missing" entities, in
>> the same way the base index.docbook contains the entities for the authors
>> that are only in recent versions of kdelibs?  (This makes more sense to me
>> than including the entities for the French translators in the base
>> index.docbook.
>>
>> Jack
>>

> Hi!
>
> The coordinators (or other responsible people) of above-mentioned teams
> forgot to run
>
> update_xml <lang_code> extragear-office kmymoney
>
> after the last version-change update:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/office/doc/kmymoney/index.docbook?r1=1154535&r2=1242386
>
> So there was no po->docbook regeneration for es, fr, it, pt and no version
> update.
>
> It is worth to mention that there was update after the string freeze for
> documentation without any notice to kde-i18n-doc. The situation became worse
> because scripty has been stopped for two weeks between KDE 4.6.5 and KDE
> 4.7.0 releases.
>
> The proposed solution is feasible but French Team should update their
> docbooks with new entities in stable before KMyMoney 4.6.1 will be released.

It's worth noting all this stuff that needs to be checked before the
release and I hope 4.6.1 will look better when it will be released :).
I didn't know about all the manual operations that needs to be done
before the release by the various teams.

Until now I thought that scripty takes care or merging the translated
documentation po files into their proper place automatically and on a
daily basis.

Regards,
Cristian