[Kmymoney-devel] Checkpoint before release

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:09:12 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Martin Preuss <martin at aqbanking.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag 11 Mai 2010, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> [...]
>> There won't be a 4.0 version, actually, we'll skip straight to 4.5. I
> [...]
> Just curious: Is KMyMoney now completely integrated into KDE? Including the
> use of the same release version numbers?
>
> Does that mean that there will be no releases of KMyMoney independent of KDE
> releases? What about bug fixes?
>
> I'm asking because even KMail uses its own version numbers (at least until
> 1.12.2 which I have here)...

Not yet, but we are going in that direction. KDE releases a major
version every 6 months, which was pretty much our rythm before the
port, plus 4 or 5 point releases every month after each major release.
I feel ok with that rythm. I don't see the current 6-week release
cycle sustaining in the future without more developers coming on
board, and those are hard to come by.