[Kmymoney-devel] Checkpoint before release

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue May 11 02:43:21 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Ian Neal
<iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>  I presume the porting from Qt3 to Qt4 will continue after the 3.98 release?
> I noticed, when I was looking round mymoneytransaction.cpp, that we're still
> using QValueList there and in other parts of KMyMoney.

Indeed, the porting will continue and at a greater pace now that we
have gained more experience. We intend to get rid of Qt3Support in the
near future, and then move more and more to a full MVC architecture.

There is no Q3ValueList in use that I can find. However, I do see
QValueList items in commented code or parameter documentation. I'll
work on fixing those.

Thanks for the input.

> Again, I also still use CVS HEAD as production and only use SVN HEAD for
> testing and comparing behaviour, but from my use it seems stable enough.
> Ian
> P.S. Most projects do have a wishlist item (or enhancement request) for more
> hours in the day, extra day in the week, etc ;)
> Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Cristian Oneţ<onet.cristian at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>> În data de Luni 10 Mai 2010 21:25:45 Thomas Baumgart a scris:
>>>> Hi,
>>>> on Monday 10 May 2010 David Houlden wrote:
>>>>> Hi Alvaro,
>>>>> For my purposes I would say it's stable enough for a release. However,
>>>>>  please note that I don't use budget or forecast. I still use 1.0.4 CVS
>>>>>  as my "production" kmymoney but I try to duplicate everything I do in
>>>>>  3.97 SVN as a test and it is working very well. I am not currently
>>>>>  aware of any problems which haven't already been reported.
>>>> +1 from my end. I am still using CVS HEAD (KDE3 that is) as production
>>>> with
>>>> a rather old AqBanking environment.  I have SVN HEAD (KDE4) and test
>>>> against it with a rather new and updated AqBanking environment. So far,
>>>> I
>>>> don't see any problems with those two AqB versions.
>>>> BTW: As 3.98 will be released I plan to release 1.0.5 as well.
>>>> p.s. Can I enter a "I'd like to have some more time" as a wishlist item
>>>> somewhere? Please let me know where that would be :)
>>> I also think we should have the release as scheduled since we have a lot
>>> of
>>> improvements since 3.97.2 (as we did a lot of work). And the release is
>>> needed
>>> to get a bit of developement space again so we can finally drop the
>>> qt3support
>>> dependency that we still have.
>> My point is, given that 3.98 is supposed to be a release candidate, is
>> it stable enough?
>> If the gut feeling is ok, I'm ok with releasing. If not, I'm ok with
>> delaying the release for an extra week.
>> So far, it looks like everyone is ok to go forward and release on
>> Saturday, but I'm paying special attention this time because we'll be
>> evaluated differently if we say this release is good enough for
>> regular users.
>> The backlog we have can hold for another week if necessary.
>> _______________________________________________
>> KMyMoney-devel mailing list
>> KMyMoney-devel at kde.org
>> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmymoney-devel

More information about the KMyMoney-devel mailing list