[Kmymoney-devel] Checkpoint before release

Ian Neal iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 11 02:13:09 CEST 2010

  I presume the porting from Qt3 to Qt4 will continue after the 3.98 
I noticed, when I was looking round mymoneytransaction.cpp, that we're 
still using QValueList there and in other parts of KMyMoney.

Again, I also still use CVS HEAD as production and only use SVN HEAD for 
testing and comparing behaviour, but from my use it seems stable enough.


P.S. Most projects do have a wishlist item (or enhancement request) for 
more hours in the day, extra day in the week, etc ;)

Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Cristian Oneţ<onet.cristian at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> În data de Luni 10 Mai 2010 21:25:45 Thomas Baumgart a scris:
>>> Hi,
>>> on Monday 10 May 2010 David Houlden wrote:
>>>> Hi Alvaro,
>>>> For my purposes I would say it's stable enough for a release. However,
>>>>   please note that I don't use budget or forecast. I still use 1.0.4 CVS
>>>>   as my "production" kmymoney but I try to duplicate everything I do in
>>>>   3.97 SVN as a test and it is working very well. I am not currently
>>>>   aware of any problems which haven't already been reported.
>>> +1 from my end. I am still using CVS HEAD (KDE3 that is) as production with
>>> a rather old AqBanking environment.  I have SVN HEAD (KDE4) and test
>>> against it with a rather new and updated AqBanking environment. So far, I
>>> don't see any problems with those two AqB versions.
>>> BTW: As 3.98 will be released I plan to release 1.0.5 as well.
>>> p.s. Can I enter a "I'd like to have some more time" as a wishlist item
>>> somewhere? Please let me know where that would be :)
>> I also think we should have the release as scheduled since we have a lot of
>> improvements since 3.97.2 (as we did a lot of work). And the release is needed
>> to get a bit of developement space again so we can finally drop the qt3support
>> dependency that we still have.
> My point is, given that 3.98 is supposed to be a release candidate, is
> it stable enough?
> If the gut feeling is ok, I'm ok with releasing. If not, I'm ok with
> delaying the release for an extra week.
> So far, it looks like everyone is ok to go forward and release on
> Saturday, but I'm paying special attention this time because we'll be
> evaluated differently if we say this release is good enough for
> regular users.
> The backlog we have can hold for another week if necessary.
> _______________________________________________
> KMyMoney-devel mailing list
> KMyMoney-devel at kde.org
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmymoney-devel

More information about the KMyMoney-devel mailing list