[Kmymoney-devel] Checkpoint before release

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue May 11 01:46:31 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:
> În data de Luni 10 Mai 2010 21:25:45 Thomas Baumgart a scris:
>> Hi,
>> on Monday 10 May 2010 David Houlden wrote:
>> > Hi Alvaro,
>> >
>> > For my purposes I would say it's stable enough for a release. However,
>> >
>> >  please note that I don't use budget or forecast. I still use 1.0.4 CVS
>> >  as my "production" kmymoney but I try to duplicate everything I do in
>> >  3.97 SVN as a test and it is working very well. I am not currently
>> >  aware of any problems which haven't already been reported.
>> +1 from my end. I am still using CVS HEAD (KDE3 that is) as production with
>> a rather old AqBanking environment.  I have SVN HEAD (KDE4) and test
>> against it with a rather new and updated AqBanking environment. So far, I
>> don't see any problems with those two AqB versions.
>> BTW: As 3.98 will be released I plan to release 1.0.5 as well.
>> p.s. Can I enter a "I'd like to have some more time" as a wishlist item
>> somewhere? Please let me know where that would be :)
> I also think we should have the release as scheduled since we have a lot of
> improvements since 3.97.2 (as we did a lot of work). And the release is needed
> to get a bit of developement space again so we can finally drop the qt3support
> dependency that we still have.

My point is, given that 3.98 is supposed to be a release candidate, is
it stable enough?
If the gut feeling is ok, I'm ok with releasing. If not, I'm ok with
delaying the release for an extra week.
So far, it looks like everyone is ok to go forward and release on
Saturday, but I'm paying special attention this time because we'll be
evaluated differently if we say this release is good enough for
regular users.

The backlog we have can hold for another week if necessary.

More information about the KMyMoney-devel mailing list