[Kmymoney-devel] another strange behavior

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jun 15 08:07:36 CEST 2010

Hi all,

on Tuesday 15 June 2010 01:24:16 Jack Ostroff wrote:

> While trying to capture a screen shot of entering a transaction
> directly in the ledger, I unchecked "Show transaction form" on the
> Configure KMyMoney dialog.  That had the effect of removing the payee
> and category fields from the ledger.

It does that for all but the selected transaction. I agree that this is
somewhat broken for the newly entered transaction. One could use "View/Show
Transaction Detail" or Ctrl+T to make those visible for all transactions. BTW,
that also works when the form is visible.

> I entered a transaction, and it
> remained all red - because there was no category - but there was no way
> I could find to select one without turning the transaction form back
> on.

I somehow cannot duplicate this. Double clicking on the transaction starts
editing it. The same happens when I press the edit button underneath the
ledger. Nevertheless, there is some weirdness when one leaves the transaction
editor (name assigned, category assigned but no memo entered) as it now shows
three lines instead of two. Pressing Ctrl+T twice fixes that (as it redraws
the ledger).

> Also, tabbing through the fields stopped at the date field - I
> could shift-tab out but tab had no effect once I was in the date field.

I am unable to duplicate this behavior. The only nuisance I found is, that
tabbing forward goes from the reconciliation state to the number field to the
date field, but going backwards (Shift-Tab) goes straight from the date field
to the reconciliation state w/o entering the number field.

> Another minor point is that there are entry field for both deposit and
> withdrawal, and entering a value in one removes the value in the
> other.  I suppose this is correct behavior, but I think I should add
> mention of it in the manual.

Yes, this is the expected behavior. Also, entering a negative value in one of
the fields converts it into a positive one in the other.

I am running this against SVN HEAD, just in case you use something different.
Anyway, there seems to be a bit of work ahead of us fixing the ledger.

Life would be so much easier if we could just
look at the source code. -- Dave Olson