[Kmymoney-devel] build questions

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Sun Jul 25 01:57:11 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First, a minor issue, but I've gotten curious.  I've notice recently
> people suggesting to run "make" twice.  In fact, I've also noticed that
> it sometimes takes more runs for another "make" to not to anything
> else.  Is this just a side effect of actually running "make -j3" or is
> there something non-deterministic about make?

There is some issue with dependencies not being compiled correctly on
the first run.
Before, it actually took 3 runs to build completely. We're still
working out why it happens, but it doesn't have anything to do with
running "make -j3". I run "make -j5" actually.

> Second, and this is now starting to drive me crazy, the last few times
> I've compiled from svn, I've noticed that the handbook has not been
> installed, and it actually looks like it wasn't even 'compiled.'  I
> then noticed the cmake option KDE4_ENABLE_HTMLHANDBOOK, which seems not
> to be on by default.  (I'm using the default CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE of
> RelWithDebInfo.)  I know it has worked in the past, because my
> installed version has a handbook labeled 4.5, which was only in
> index.docbook briefly.

Cristian fixed the handbook a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps it was
before that. After Cristian's fix, you have to enable it explicitely.

  It also doesn't show the new faq or
> installation chapters.  My current index.docbook says 3.97 and has
> those chapters, and that is the version in the doc/ directory.

I think that has to do with the createtarball not finding the docs
every time. I've seen that happen once or twice.

> I've now done a clean createtarball, and compiled that, and everything
> seems to have worked fine.
>
> Is there something funny about getting the docs (handbook, not
> developer docs) compiled, or is it just me?

See above.

I don't think it's you. Just some changes along the way and maybe
createtarball not working correctly.

Regards,
Alvaro