[Kmymoney-devel] build questions

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 25 01:37:00 CEST 2010

Hello,

First, a minor issue, but I've gotten curious.  I've notice recently
people suggesting to run "make" twice.  In fact, I've also noticed that
it sometimes takes more runs for another "make" to not to anything
else.  Is this just a side effect of actually running "make -j3" or is
there something non-deterministic about make?

Second, and this is now starting to drive me crazy, the last few times
I've compiled from svn, I've noticed that the handbook has not been
installed, and it actually looks like it wasn't even 'compiled.'  I
then noticed the cmake option KDE4_ENABLE_HTMLHANDBOOK, which seems not
to be on by default.  (I'm using the default CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE of
RelWithDebInfo.)  I know it has worked in the past, because my
installed version has a handbook labeled 4.5, which was only in
index.docbook briefly.  It also doesn't show the new faq or
installation chapters.  My current index.docbook says 3.97 and has
those chapters, and that is the version in the doc/ directory.

I've now done a clean createtarball, and compiled that, and everything
seems to have worked fine.

Is there something funny about getting the docs (handbook, not
developer docs) compiled, or is it just me?