[Kmymoney-devel] Manual chapters for FAQ and Installation

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 24 22:11:01 CEST 2010

On 2010.07.24 15:05, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
[snip]
> Shouldn't we direct people to use the b.k.o. frontend to report bugs
> rather
> than using the built-in method?
The built in does use bko (doesn't it?) but it doesn't always work.
I'll mention bko more directly.

> The chapter on colors is headed 'Colours'.
fixed

> In install from source, replace "sudo make install" with "sudo make
> install/fast" which is quicker.
changed

> KMyMoney is also known to work on Windows. Cristian has more info on
> that.
great

> Just my 0.02 after going through the manual in less than a half hour
> or so.
Thanks.  I think I'm starting to get sloppy by rushing, so the extra
eyes are all good.  Someone from the kde-doc-english team already
caught some typos I let slip in.

regarding the 3.97 version - I'll get all of them later (it's in every
docbook file).  Now I'm just doing them as I edit the file anyway.  I
had made the change in index.docbook, but when I added installation and
faq, I forgot to put that back in - it's with the other index.docbook
changes on developers.

That's something I'd still like the rest of the team to decide - the
list of "authors" should be consistent between the main handbook page,
the man page, and the help/about screen.