[Kmymoney-devel] Manual chapters for FAQ and Installation

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jul 24 21:05:01 CEST 2010

Hi all,

on Saturday 24 July 2010 01:01:23 Jack wrote:

> On 2010.07.23 18:50, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> >
> > wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > You could add that there are mostly 2 kind of packages. Those that
> > are release version (3.97.2, 1.0.5, 3.98.1) and those which are
> > snapshots from the repository, and show the current state of
> > development (-cvs, -svn packages). Regular users are recommended to
> > use only released versions, and those brave ones can take a look at
> > the state-of-the-art by installing the repo snapshots.
>
> I'll try to emphasize this better.  It's obvious if you already
> understand it. :-)  I'm not saying much about the 1.0.x versions beyond
> historical context.

> > The forum has an intent of a list, but I don't think it's up-to-date.
>
> I meant the techbase project home page, not the forum or mailing list.
>
> Anyway - I just made the initial commit to svn, so you can look and see
> if there is anything else to modify.

Shouldn't we direct people to use the b.k.o. frontend to report bugs rather
than using the built-in method?

The chapter on colors is headed 'Colours'.

In install from source, replace "sudo make install" with "sudo make
install/fast" which is quicker.

KMyMoney is also known to work on Windows. Cristian has more info on that.

Just my 0.02 after going through the manual in less than a half hour or so.

Linux, because rebooting is for adding new hardware ...