[Kmymoney-devel] Manual chapters for FAQ and Installation

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Fri Jul 23 23:00:36 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I will shortly be checking into svn two new chapters for the handbook.
>

> There are two other sections I could use some help with.
>
> First, it seems worth a short section on claydoh's launchpad PPA for
> Ubuntu (just for KMM4 for here).  However, I don't know the history of
> why it was necessary, and I don't want to say anything inappropriate,
> so I'd appreciate some help with the best wording.

What do you mean by this?
Clay's PPA is one of a number of unsupported repositories that offer
more up-to-date packages than those that come in the standard
installations of the main distros.

There are similar packages for OpenSuse (Packman), Mandriva (Jose
Jorge's RPMs) and Arch (my AUR packages).

Regards,
Alvaro