[Kmymoney-devel] Manual chapters for FAQ and Installation

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 23 23:44:58 CEST 2010

On 2010.07.23 17:00, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
[snip]
> What do you mean by this?
> Clay's PPA is one of a number of unsupported repositories that offer
> more up-to-date packages than those that come in the standard
> installations of the main distros.
Thanks - that's a much better wording than I was thinking.  (I was
thinking of problems with the distro packages, not simply being not up
to date.)

> There are similar packages for OpenSuse (Packman), Mandriva (Jose
> Jorge's RPMs) and Arch (my AUR packages).
Should we include these, or should the handbook just point to the web
page, and we can add them there?

Normally, I think the handbook should be self-contained (for running
off the net) but if someone is going to download a package, they
obviously have net access.