[Kmymoney-devel] Status of screenshots for manual

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 10 01:09:08 CEST 2010

On 2010.07.09 18:33, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
[trimmed]

>> The following png files in the doc directory seem not to be used
>> anywhere:
[....]
> > === I will remove the above png files from svn unless someone
> objects.
> Go ahead
Will do.

> > I cannot find the new files for these icons.
> > - home_view.png:
> > - new.png:
> Those two icons are standard KDE icons. It will use the icons of the
> theme you are using. The Oxygen icons in this case. You won't find
> them on our repository. I could send you the files if you tell me
> what size you need them.
Then shouldn't I be able to find them in the installed KDE files?
Anyway home_view is 32x32 and new is 22x22.  Thank you.

> > I cannot generate this dialog.
>> - investment-currencywarning: This is the warning about an
>> investment in a different currency than the account it is in.  I
>> have tried to turn on all messages, but I still do not get this
>> warning when creating an investment in a different currency than the
>> account, which is also a different currency than the file.
> It's probably been deprecated, since there is no objection to have
> that happen.
Then I'll just remove the png and the associated text.

>> Would someone please confirm that I placed the label letters in the
>> correct position.  I did this in gimp, and it took a bit of time, so
>> I want to be sure I got it right.
> > - newsched_numbered.png
> Did you commit it to SVN? I don't see any attachments on this mail.
No attachments.  I've already committed everything I've done to svn.

>> The following files are probably all ok, but I noted some difference
>> from the old version, and wanted to be sure the difference did not
>> indicate any problem.  I will assume these are all OK unless someone
>> says something.
>> - investment-transactionform.png: I did not add any label letters,
>> since the text in the manual doesn't have any.
>> - investment-exchangerateeditor.png: the rate shown is not exactly
>> the rate used in the text, and I couldn't get the dialog to show a 0
>> rate.
> Probably, a validation has been added, since a 0 rate would cause
> problems in other areas.
good - so no action needed

>> - institution_view.png: the dialog no longer shows the number of
>> transactions per account
> True. And it will remain that way in the near future.
OK

>> - newfile-3.png and newfile-4.png: both of these are step 3 of 5 in
>> the new file wizard.  I don't know if this will be confusing to
>> naive users.
> There will be some rework of the new file wizard.
OK

> > - accwiz8.2.png: interest is show with no decimal places
> probably a problem.
I'll wait to hear if anything gets fixed.

>> - accwiz9.png: this does not show the institution; the previous
>> version did.
> probably a problem. Can you tell which account type that is?
checking

>> Next steps for manual:  I have to dig out my notes from when I was
>> working on the 1.0 release.  If I remember right, we are not really
>> using the KDE template for manuals - we are missing some suggested
>> chapters, such as installing and FAQ.
> >
>> Question: the manual is currently labeled for 3.97.  Should I change
>> it to 3.98, and when should it be changed to 4.5?  (Is that what it
>> will be?)
> I would start changing now to 4.5. The moment we declare the
> string-freeze, that's the release for the stable version.
OK

>> Finally, at some point in the next few weeks, I'd really appreciate
>> it if every developer would take a quick look at the manual for the
>> sections you have worked on, to be sure I really have captured the
>> latest version of the UI.  I know I'll do another check as I go
>> through all the text again, but an extra set of eyes can't hurt.
> > Thanks for all your support.
> Thank you very much for your work!
As I've said before, I'm still amazed that I've actually taken on
responsibility for documentation.  At least my compulsiveness comes in
useful somewhere! :-)