[Kmymoney-devel] work on models

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:15:27 CET 2010

În data de Luni 15 Februarie 2010 20:34:02 Alvaro Soliverez a scris:
> A little nitpicking about the commit:
> - follow the name convention for the file and class names:
> kmymoneymodels.cpp, KMyMoneyModels, etc.
> - use the same copyright header format as existing classes. the one
> you are using is similar, but different.

I also wanted to talk about this. If we are going to write code in KMyMoney
why should we prefix everything with MyMoney? OK, I've got the difference
between KMyMoney and MyMoney but why do we need the MyMoney overhead to reach
a specific class? After all when using our headers we will not hit a conflict
since we will have them installed under kmymoney. If we really want to prevent
name conflicts with other applications we should use namespaces.

As about the copyright header I saw that the old header had some problems (I
saw some warnings from SVN after adding some files with the old header) so I
took the current copyright from
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy#GPL_Header

OK, these were my thoughts on this but if the team decides that we should
stick to the MyMoney naming and the old headers I'll be conforming to that
decision.

Thanks for the remarks,

Cristian Oneţ