[Kmymoney-devel] announcement for the release - first draft

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 05:18:29 CEST 2010

Excellent!  Just some minor suggested edits.

On 2010.08.08 21:02, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Here is a draft:

> KMyMoney announces stable release for KDE platform 4
>
> The KMyMoney      is pleased to announce the release of a stable
> version
                team

> for KDE Platform 4.
  I've seen it called SC4 - what is the official KDE name of 4.5, and
should we be using that name?

> With over 15 months of development, this new version is the starting
> point of a new series of KMyMoney versions to leverage the stellar
> features offered by the KDE Platform.
>
> Throughout this effort, our focus has been to maintain feature-parity
> with previous versions, maintaining and improving the high level of
> quality that your personal financial data deserve. This version has
> gone through an intensive testing, allowing us to find and fix many
> bugs and improve the usability of the application.
>
> Along the way, we did manage to add some new features:
> - Better documentation
> - Works with the latest version of AqBanking
> - Improved usability of the online banking features
> - Uses KWallet to store online banking passwords
> - The consistency checks runs automatically before saving your data,
> it now checks for a wider range of problems, and it automatically
> corrects many of them.
> - Runs in all operating systems supported by KDE
          on (? maybe under)

                                                               ,

> your finances are kept in correct order. Although many of the
> features can be found in other similar applications, KMyMoney strives
> to present an individual and unique view of your finances. Following
> the KDE's way of "sensible defaults with powerful configuration",
> KMyMoney offers a default configuration and templates to start
> managing your finances with minimum hassle, with the possibility to
> customize it to your liking.
>
> If you are new to KMyMoney, you can enter your accounts information
(either "your account information" or "your accounts' information")

> and keep track of your income and expenses, synchronize with your
> online banking  and have an accurate view of your current finance
                 , (trust me on the need for this comma, I have a good
example that shows why)

> situation. You can also keep an eye on your investments, if you have
> them, tracking their price    through online quotes. As you feel more
                             (s)

> comfortable, and ready to get a grip of your finances, you can create
> a budget, compare it to your actual expenses, and even try to get a
> peek into the future with the forecast feature. All this and more can
> be done with this new version of KMyMoney.
>
> Future of KMyMoney
>
> For the last year, our team has been fully commited  to release this
                                              committed