[Kmymoney-devel] announcement for the release - first draft

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Mon Aug 9 03:02:22 CEST 2010

Here is a draft:

KMyMoney announces stable release for KDE platform 4

The KMyMoney is pleased to announce the release of a stable version
for KDE Platform 4. With over 15 months of development, this new
version is the starting point of a new series of KMyMoney versions to
leverage the stellar features offered by the KDE Platform.

Throughout this effort, our focus has been to maintain feature-parity
with previous versions, maintaining and improving the high level of
quality that your personal financial data deserve. This version has
gone through an intensive testing, allowing us to find and fix many
bugs and improve the usability of the application.

Along the way, we did manage to add some new features:
- Better documentation
- Works with the latest version of AqBanking
- Improved usability of the online banking features
- Uses KWallet to store online banking passwords
- The consistency checks runs automatically before saving your data,
it now checks for a wider range of problems, and it automatically
corrects many of them.
- Runs in all operating systems supported by KDE

About KMyMoney

You don't know where your money is going? Trying to get a hold of your
household budget? Have an investment portfolio and don't know how much
money you earned or lost? You have money in many currencies and it's
hard to count how much you actually have? KMyMoney can help you.
KMyMoney strives to be the easiest open source personal finance
manager to use, especially for the non-technical user. Based on tried
and tested double entry accounting principles KMyMoney ensures that
your finances are kept in correct order. Although many of the features
can be found in other similar applications, KMyMoney strives to
present an individual and unique view of your finances. Following the
KDE's way of "sensible defaults with powerful configuration", KMyMoney
offers a default configuration and templates to start managing your
finances with minimum hassle, with the possibility to customize it to
your liking.

If you are new to KMyMoney, you can enter your accounts information
and keep track of your income and expenses, synchronize with your
online banking and have an accurate view of your current finance
situation. You can also keep an eye on your investments, if you have
them, tracking their price through online quotes. As you feel more
comfortable, and ready to get a grip of your finances, you can create
a budget, compare it to your actual expenses, and even try to get a
peek into the future with the forecast feature. All this and more can
be done with this new version of KMyMoney.

Future of KMyMoney

For the last year, our team has been fully commited to release this
version. Now, we will continue to make KMyMoney the best personal
finance manager by leveraging all features provided by the KDE
Platform, and also improving the integration with other applications
via Alkimia, the nascent framework of the KDE Finance applications
group. Expect interesting features coming your way soon!