[Kmymoney-devel] porting the register to qt4

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Apr 29 13:05:03 CEST 2010

On Thursday 29 April 2010 09:22:23 Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 April 2010 21:05:37 Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> One of the benefits of the sprint was that I acquired some extra
> >> motivation to do some work, at least for now :).
> >
> > So it pays off already :)  Great.
> >
> >> So, as promised, here is the patch to
> >> port the register to Qt4. It's not 100% complete as it still missing
> >> some stuff like:
> >> - while using the ledger lens the selected transaction doesn't look that
> >> nice because of the way the selection is painted
> >> - blinking erroneous transactions (BTW this does not work on 3.97.2
> >> either)
> >
> > There should not be any blinking. The erroneous transactions are shown in
> > red AFAICR or show an icon with an exclamation mark.
>
> Well believe it or not that is what
> Register::slotToggleErronousTransactions(void)  does when it's
> triggered. If that is not needed I would be happy to remove it since
> it's a bit tricky to trigger the repaint in Qt4.

Yes, and

thb at dollo:~/devel/kmymoney4/kmymoney> find . -name \*.cpp | xargs grep
slotToggleErronousTransactions
./widgets/register.cpp:void Register::slotToggleErronousTransactions(void)
./widgets/register.cpp:  QTimer::singleShot(500, this,
SLOT(slotToggleErronousTransactions()));

shows no reference/connection to the slot in all of KMyMoney anymore. Please
feel free to get rid of it.

> >> - grayed painting for the transactions in the future
> >> - anything else that you could find :)
> >>
> >> Nevertheless these seem small issues that can be fixed in the two weeks
> >> we still have so I thought I ask you're opinion about committing this. I
> >> think committing the patch and fixing the small issues until the release
> >> candidate would be an option and it would also get this really big patch
> >> off my hands and let me concentrate on the small issues that still need
> >> to be fixed in it. What do you think?
> >>
> >> And by the way, there is still some drag and drop code in the register,
> >> anyone knows of that kind of functionality? If no I'll remove that code
> >> because I don't recall having such a feature in the register.
> >
> > I added that a long time ago (and it is also in 1.0.x). I wanted to add
> > functionality to "drop a URL or document on a transaction" to attach it
> > to it. So one could scan an invoice, store it on disk and use
> > konqi/dolphin to drag the file to the transaction. I never got that far
> > though due to time constraints.
> >
> > I'll try to take a more closer look to the patch. I also have the chance
> > to test some more here with my data.
>
> Thanks, but don't bother looking at the imported transactions part
> since I'm in process of fixing that :).

No, I won't.

Life would be so much easier if we could just
look at the source code. -- Dave Olson