[Kmymoney-devel] porting the register to qt4

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 09:22:23 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 April 2010 21:05:37 Cristian Oneţ wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> One of the benefits of the sprint was that I acquired some extra motivation
>> to do some work, at least for now :).
>
> So it pays off already :)  Great.
>
>> So, as promised, here is the patch to
>> port the register to Qt4. It's not 100% complete as it still missing some
>> stuff like:
>> - while using the ledger lens the selected transaction doesn't look that
>> nice because of the way the selection is painted
>> - blinking erroneous transactions (BTW this does not work on 3.97.2 either)
>
> There should not be any blinking. The erroneous transactions are shown in red
> AFAICR or show an icon with an exclamation mark.
Well believe it or not that is what
Register::slotToggleErronousTransactions(void)  does when it's
triggered. If that is not needed I would be happy to remove it since
it's a bit tricky to trigger the repaint in Qt4.

>> - grayed painting for the transactions in the future
>> - anything else that you could find :)
>>
>> Nevertheless these seem small issues that can be fixed in the two weeks we
>> still have so I thought I ask you're opinion about committing this. I think
>> committing the patch and fixing the small issues until the release
>> candidate would be an option and it would also get this really big patch
>> off my hands and let me concentrate on the small issues that still need to
>> be fixed in it. What do you think?
>>
>> And by the way, there is still some drag and drop code in the register,
>> anyone knows of that kind of functionality? If no I'll remove that code
>> because I don't recall having such a feature in the register.
>
> I added that a long time ago (and it is also in 1.0.x). I wanted to add
> functionality to "drop a URL or document on a transaction" to attach it to
> it. So one could scan an invoice, store it on disk and use konqi/dolphin to
> drag the file to the transaction. I never got that far though due to time
> constraints.
>
> I'll try to take a more closer look to the patch. I also have the chance to
> test some more here with my data.
Thanks, but don't bother looking at the imported transactions part
since I'm in process of fixing that :).

Regards,
Cristian