[Kmymoney-devel] porting the register to qt4

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Apr 29 08:59:42 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 28 April 2010 21:05:37 Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> One of the benefits of the sprint was that I acquired some extra motivation
> to do some work, at least for now :).

So it pays off already :)  Great.

> So, as promised, here is the patch to
> port the register to Qt4. It's not 100% complete as it still missing some
> stuff like:
> - while using the ledger lens the selected transaction doesn't look that
> nice because of the way the selection is painted
> - blinking erroneous transactions (BTW this does not work on 3.97.2 either)

There should not be any blinking. The erroneous transactions are shown in red
AFAICR or show an icon with an exclamation mark.

> - grayed painting for the transactions in the future
> - anything else that you could find :)
>
> Nevertheless these seem small issues that can be fixed in the two weeks we
> still have so I thought I ask you're opinion about committing this. I think
> committing the patch and fixing the small issues until the release
> candidate would be an option and it would also get this really big patch
> off my hands and let me concentrate on the small issues that still need to
> be fixed in it. What do you think?
>
> And by the way, there is still some drag and drop code in the register,
> anyone knows of that kind of functionality? If no I'll remove that code
> because I don't recall having such a feature in the register.

I added that a long time ago (and it is also in 1.0.x). I wanted to add
functionality to "drop a URL or document on a transaction" to attach it to
it. So one could scan an invoice, store it on disk and use konqi/dolphin to
drag the file to the transaction. I never got that far though due to time
constraints.

I'll try to take a more closer look to the patch. I also have the chance to
test some more here with my data.

'Knowing a computer language is neither a necessary nor a sufficient
condition to know how to construct a computer program' -- J.R. Tyrer